Thursday 26 June 2014

I have been very blessed to have four beautiful grandchildren. 

I love to spend time with my three little granddaughters, Rhiann, Amy and Mila. They make me smile so much and keep me young. When I am with them I enjoy being able to get down on the floor and play games. I enjoy getting out the colouring books and pens and all sitting colouring and chatting. Every week I get the pleasure of taking them swimming and watching them turn into confident little swimmers. I enjoy sitting and talking to them about what they have done at school. I watch them all develop into beautiful little girls and look forward to seeing them become young ladies. They mean the world to me and I would protect them to the end of the world. 

Sadly I don't get to do all this with Charlie. I often sit and wonder what he would look like now and what would he be doing. I imagine taking him swimming and out to the park. When I am looking around the shops to buy the girls some clothes I often find myself looking at the little boys clothes. 

In my head I imagine him to have brown hair and he looks like his mummy. I bet he would suck his thumb like she used to. He would be toddling around now getting himself into lots of trouble and wearing his mummy out (but she wouldn't mind). He would be going for sleep overs at his nanna's and mamma's and wrapping them round his little finger, getting his granddads to give him piggybacks and play rough and tumble. He would be totally spoilt by his 3 uncles and his aunt. He would be bossing around his big cousins and looking inquisitively at his baby cousin. 

It breaks my heart that we won't get to see Charlie grow up into a handsome young man.

I love looking through all my photos looking at the girls at different ages. We won't get to do that for Charlie, we have lots of photos of him during the time we had with him and these are such precious images. 

We often take things for granted in our lives but since Charlie came into mine I have found that I try to make the most of every moment I get to spend with my granddaughters. Time goes by too fast and we need to remember to slow down at times and make time to spend with each other.

I love you Charlie Arthur Curtis and thank you for making me realise how precious and important life is. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlies-Angel-Centre.org.uk