Monday 20 October 2014

Time is a healer

So they say...

When does the pain stop? 

When does the heartache go?
 
When does the emptiness not fill every

Second of the day? 



Time is a healer

So they say...

When will I move on?
 
When will I let them go? 

When will the tears stop? 



Time is a healer

So they say...

When will the anger go away?
 
When will the jealousy stop? 

When will I stop blaming myself? 

Only time will tell.



Time is a healer

So they say...

How long is time? 

Tick tock

Tick tock

A minute?
 
An hour? 

A day? 

A week? 

A month? 

A year? 

Tick tock


Time is a healer

So they say...

When will time stop? 

When will my life begin again? 

Tick tock

Tick tock

Tick. 



I found this poem on the internet and it really hit a note with me.
I have been told so many times by many different people that time is a great healer. 
I have found that these people have never usually been through a loss.
It is a very easy message to give to people and the people who say it genuinely mean well.
They want to say something that they think will help.
I agree to some degree, but I also know that time doesn't actually heal it just gives you space to find ways of coping with the loss. 
The pain never does go away you just get better at hiding it and dealing with it.
People think that after time has passed that you have 'got over' the loss and sometimes it is easier to pretend that you have but inside there will always be an ache and a hole that can never be filled.
People who have not experienced a loss do not seem to understand how people can still be grieving when a certain period of time has passed. You hear people say "Its been a year now how can they still be grieving, they must be over it by now"
I don't understand how people can put a time limit on grief. 
The person you have lost was a huge part of your life and to try and adjust to them no longer being around  isn't something that can happen overnight. You are constantly reminded of them and you have to face anniversaries without them. 

We would like you to share your experiences and how you have managed to cope and keep going after your loss. Sometimes sharing an experience can not only help you deal with it but it can also give others different ways of trying to come to terms with their loss.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlies-Angel-Centre.org.uk