Friday 29 August 2014

Scarborough

Today has been a lovely day. Me (Ruth & Charlies nanna), Gary (Charlies grandad), Carrie (Charlies mummy), Brad (Charlies uncle) and Josh had a day out in Scarborough. In my last letter to Charlie I told him I would be making him a big sandcastle, well me and his mummy made a few sandcastles all for him.



We also went into the arcades and Gary managed to win a Minion teddy from the grabber machines. I'm sure Charlie would have loved it. Whilst we were making the sandcastles Carrie wrote Charlies name in the sand, it made me go all goosebumpy.


It made me feel sad that Charlie was not able to be with us to be taking part in the fun. It should have been Charlie trying to make the sandcastles and write his name in the sand.

 However seeing Carrie enjoy the day out and to see her smile and hear her laugh was heart warming. We all knew that a lot of what we were doing throughout the day was both for Charlie and for us. Being able to spend time together and honoring Charlies memory is special time. We are all going through the same grief but all in different ways. Sometimes just being together makes it easier to deal with the feelings. We know he is watching us and seeing everything we do. "I hope you were happy with the sandcastles Charlie".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlies-Angel-Centre.org.uk