Wednesday 27 August 2014

Hello Charlie

Hello Charlie,

Nanna Curtis here again. Just wanted to let you know that on Friday nanna and grandad are taking mummy and uncle Bradley to Scarborough for the day. I promise you that we will build a big sand castle for you. I will make sure I take mummy into the arcades to go on the machines and we will try and win you a teddy on the grabbers. I'm sure you will be watching us and sending mummy your luck. 
It will be nice to see your mummy smiling and having a bit of fun. She deserves to smile. I know she must find it so hard doing these things wishing you were with her, but she tries to stay strong for you. We all wish we could take away her hurt but we know that we can't, what we can do though is to try and help her through it and to try and bring a smile to her face whenever we can. Your mum is very beautiful, but you know that, and I'm sure you look down on her face every day.

I have been thinking about you lots lately and miss you so much. Me and grandad did a car boot sale last Sunday to raise money for your charity. We are getting nearer and nearer to raising the £5000 we need to become a registered charity. It makes us feel very proud to do these things for you. There are more and more people out there getting to know all about you. You should feel very proud of yourself for what you have achieved and the changes you have made to other peoples lives. 

Every time we go out trying to raise more money and raise awareness about the lack of bereavement services I feel myself swell with pride as I talk to people about you and how hard you fought to stay here with us. It also makes me feel sad that I don't get to see you now, but the main feeling I have is of immense love and pride for you. 

Mamma Key told me today that on your website page we have recently had a person in Argentina visit it. How amazing is that, some one who lives thousands of miles away, and who none of us know now knows all about you and how wonderful you were. 

Your three cousins have been up for tea today, you would have had such a fun time with them. I can imagine all the mischief you would have all got up too. They miss you lots and talk about you when they visit. They are enjoying taking 'Charlie Bear' out on his adventures and finding different things for him to experience. I know that having Charlie Bear helps them to try and deal with your loss and I often see them talking to him. 

I Will write again soon my special little man

Love you big big millions

Nanna xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlies-Angel-Centre.org.uk