Monday 4 June 2018

Dear Charlie,

It's been a while since I wrote you a letter, although I am sure you have heard me chatting away to you at times. 
Missing you gets no easier in fact I would say that at times I have found it harder. I think it is because I sit and look at your cousins and see how they are growing and changing and it makes me wish that I could see who you would have become. You would have been coming to the end of your year in Reception class. We would have all been getting those amazing pictures you made at school and trying to decide what they were! 
You would have been making your mummy very proud with all your new skills and achievements. 
We would have all been looking ahead to coming along to watch you in your first Sport's Day, if you developed your mummy's running skill you would be miles ahead of all your friends. 

The reason I wanted to write to you today is to tell you how well your beautiful mummy is doing. 
I know you are always looking down on her and protecting her but I wanted to tell you how we are all so proud of how she has kept going. 
She has become such a strong young lady now who is determined to make a difference to the lives of other mummy's, daddy's and their families who have also lost their special angels. 
You have made such an impact on so many thousands of families, that's a pretty amazing achievement for someone so young. You truly are a special little boy.

Because of you we have all become stronger and are driven to make sure that no other family goes through the death of a baby or child alone. At times it can be very hard work but when any of us feel like stopping we just take a deep breath, think of you and we get our strength back.

Your mummy has recently got herself a job. It made all of us almost burst with pride. She applied for a few jobs and those that she wasn't successful with she took in her stride and kept going. I am sure she won't mind me saying that not too long ago her anxiety would have not let her even think about applying for jobs let alone keep going to interviews.

I hope she feels as proud of herself as we do, but I think she often doesn't see her achievements like us.
We have seen her grow since starting work, her confidence has grown and she is able to do so much more than she ever thought she could. We all love watching her blossom and we know that you are always there in her thoughts guiding her along. 

Please keep on looking down on us and giving us the strength to keep fighting and campaigning. You showed such strength and courage in the little time you were here with us and we know that your fight is what keeps us motivated and determined.

We all love and miss you so very much and we always will. 
Love you to the moon and back
Nanna 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlies-Angel-Centre.org.uk