Tuesday 28 April 2015

Hi Charlie,

Nanna Curtis here. 

I have been thinking about you lots lately. I always think about you every day but you seem to be on my mind more than ever.

I think its because of everything positive that is going on with the charity at the moment. 

Over the last three weeks we have been doing more publicity about the charity and it has meant having to tell people your story again. Every time I tell people all about you and how brave you and your mummy were it makes me feel so much pride.

When I went to Radio Aire to talk about the new midwife the NHS have employed I ended up crying a little bit. It wasn't through sadness though, it was with pride. I felt so proud of you and what you have managed to achieve. 
The Radio presenter, Bethan, said to me that we should all feel proud of ourselves for what we have achieved. I said to her that you were our inspiration and everything we had done was for you and because of you. 

It made me see that everything that we have all gone through over the last 2 years has been rewarded. The people in those top jobs who make all the decisions had actually listened to us and all the people that have supported us. We know that there is still a very long way to go but at least we can see that they are making changes at last.

It sounds silly but I have had a feeling for a while now that 2015 is going to be a really good year for the charity and as we make these leaps forward with our progress it just makes me feel it more.

What we need now is for a company to decide that we are a charity they would like to work with and come on board as sponsors then we can get your centre open. We can't wait for the day that we can open the doors to Charlies Angel Centre.

Ideally we all wish that we had never had to go through any of this and that you were here with us causing normal toddler chaos, but this is our journey now and we will fight till the changes are made. 

You have given us the strength to keep going and every time we feel ourselves waning we just think of you and that spurs us back on.

I hope that we all make you as proud of us as we are of you Charlie.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlies-Angel-Centre.org.uk